The United Church of Canada
Drumbo-Richwood Pastoral Charge
P.O. Box 97, Drumbo, N0J 1G0
Sunday April 19, 2015
“…that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him”
1 John 3:1
Lay Preacher: John Perrin
Organist: Joan Shantz- Willis
Betty Ford – Richwood
We Gather to Celebrate God’s Presence
*Indicates a time to stand if you are able.
WELCOME AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
MINUTE FOR MISSION
Lighting of the Christ Candle
Christ is our Light.
Thanks be to God.
Call to Worship
What shall we celebrate?
Our God is like a rock!
But God is also like a mountain.
Our God is like the sea!
But God is also like dry land.
Our God is like a shepherd.
And we are God’s people, the flock of God’s pasture.
Come, let’s celebrate!
Hymn VU #574 “Come, Let Us Sing of a Wonderful Love”
With rocks and dirt we pray:
The multitude of pebbles at the shore chant the earth’s liturgy.
Jurassic, Cenozoic, Pre-Cambrian priests and shamans keep the hours, as crust and mantle are torn open in a moment of transubstantiation that changes star to stone, dust to soul, word to flesh. Great God of all creation with this handful of dirt, we remember our beginnings, when the morning stars sang together and the universe kept time with a heartbeat that throbs to this day. Align us with your Spirit. Add our song to this choir of infinite blessing. Amen.
Lord’s Prayer VU #959 (sung)
Ministry of Music
Story for All
Hymn VU #583 “Jesus Came, a Child like Me”
Scripture Acts 3:12-19
Psalm 4 VU page 727
1 John 3:1-7
Reflection The Word is Now Ours
Hymn VU #266 “Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound”
*Presented in Song # 191 (MV) “What Can I Do?”
What can I do? What can I bring?
What can I say? What can I sing?
I’ll sing with joy. I’ll say a prayer.
I’ll bring my love. I’ll do my share. (Repeat )
*Prayer of Dedication
Generous God, you poured the stars into the skies and the fish into the sea. You have dusted this earth with miracles, which unfold daily before our eyes. It is our privilege to make our own gifts, and in so doing, to follow more nearly in your way. Amen.
Prayers of the People
Hymn VU #676 “ God, Make Us Servants of Your Peace”
Announcements/ Upcoming Events
• Lorraine is in the office Wed. & Thurs. Mornings 9-12. Office Phone 519-463-5222.
• Coffee Time- Every Monday Morning from 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. @ Willis.
• Choir Practice – 9:20 a.m. at Richwood
- 10:30 a.m. at Willis
• Sun. Apr. 19 –John Perrin
Sun. Apr. 26 –Dave Money
Sun. May 3 - to be determined
Sun. May 10- Mother’s Day – Drumbo Men’s Choir celebrates 29 years and host a Gaither Gathering -Hymn Sing at Willis United Church at 11 a.m.
Sun. May 31 – Willis Anniversay Service at 11 a.m.
• Mon. Apr. 13- Willis Open Music Time for all ages – every Monday from 7 – 8 p.m. Apr. 13 forward.
• Sun. Apr. 19-Attention Richwood & Willis Choristers: Massed Choir for the We Are One Service, June 14. First rehearsal for adults and children is from 6-7:30 at Dundas St. United Church Woodstock.
• Sun. Apr. 26 –Camping Sunday – Please wear your camping gear and bring camping gear with you.
• Tues. May 5 – Willis Session Meeting at 7 p.m.
• Tues. May 12 – Stewards Meeting at 7 p.m. at Richwood and following Official Board Meeting at 7:30 p.m. at Richwood.
• Sun. June 14 – Oxford Presbytery-In celebration of the 90th Anniversay of the United Church of Cdn. Worship 10:30 a.m. BBQ at Noon- Festival from 1-4 at St. Mary’s High School Woodstock. Volunteers needed to help with different jobs deadline to let Lorraine know is April 21. See flyer.