The United Church of Canada
Drumbo-Richwood Pastoral Charge
P.O. Box 97, Drumbo, N0J 1G0
Sunday May 3, 2015
Organist: Joan Shantz- Willis
Betty Ford – Richwood
We Gather to Celebrate God’s Presence
*Indicates a time to stand if you are able.
WELCOME AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
MINUTE FOR MISSION
Lighting of the Christ Candle
Christ is our Light.
Thanks be to God.
Call to Worship
We are honoured to be here.
Holy are you, Creator God.
We are here because of you.
Holy are you, Creator God.
With joy and thanksgiving
we worship you, Creator God.
Hymn VU #296 “This Is God’s Wondrous World”
Lord, you call us as the sheep of your pasture, and we respond. We hear your voice, and know it is to you that we belong. When we hunger or thirst, it is your Word that satisfies us. We follow your paths, seeking right relationships. We need not fear death, for you are with us. You guide us with love, seeing no distinctions between us, but pouring out your love upon all. Be with us in our worship now as we seek to live in your presence, now and forever. Amen.
Lord’s Prayer VU #959 (sung)
Ministry of Music
Scripture Acts 8: 26-40
Psalm 22 VU page 746 Part Three and Four
Story for All
Scripture John 15: 1-8
Reflection The Power is Ours
Hymn VU #371 “Open My Eyes, That I May See”
*Presented in Song # 191 (MV) “What Can I Do?”
What can I do? What can I bring?
What can I say? What can I sing?
I’ll sing with joy. I’ll say a prayer.
I’ll bring my love. I’ll do my share. (Repeat )
*Prayer of Dedication
Prayers of the People
Hymn VU #703 “In the Bulb There Is a Flower”
Announcements/ Upcoming Events
• M and P announcement.
We are pleased to inform you that Rev. Jan will be returning to work Monday April 27. She will be on modified work schedule, working 4 hours a day until May 10th. During this time Jan will be available for Pastoral care and visitation. She will not be preaching. If anyone is seeking Pastoral Care or wishes for a visit, please call the church office (519-463-5222) and leave a message. Rev Jan will call in every morning to check messages and arrange her day.
• Coffee Time- Every Monday Morning from 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. @ Willis.
• Choir Practice – 9:20 a.m. at Richwood
- 10:30 a.m. at Willis
• Sun. May 10- Mother’s Day – Drumbo Men’s Choir celebrates 29 years and host a Gaither Gathering -Hymn Sing at the Drumbo Agricultural Hall at 11 a.m. Arrive early for refreshments before the service.
Sun. May 31 – Willis Anniversay Service at 11 a.m.
• Every Monday- Willis Open Music Time for all ages – every Monday from 7 – 8 p.m. Additional singers/musicians invited to the next 3 practices for May 31 Anniversary Choir.
• Sun. May 3-Attention Richwood & Willis Choristers: Massed Choir for the We Are One Service, June 14. Still time to join! Location for May 3 rehearsal is St. David’s United Church Woodstock. Opportunity to sing in Tillsonburg Wed. eve June 10: Avondale United Church Service with the Moderator of the UC.
• Sun. May 10- The Drumbo & District Men’s Choir has asked Willis to provide coffee, tea, muffins, breads etc. before the service. Please contact Carl McLean if you can help to provide these items.
• Richwood Congregation-If Richwood members would like to donate towards the new hymn books, please direct funds to Marelene Perry noting that it is for new hymn books. The cost is approximately $20.00 per book.
• Tues. May 5 – Willis Session Meeting at 7 p.m.
• Tues. May 12 – Stewards Meeting at 7 p.m. at Richwood and following Official Board Meeting at 7:30 p.m. at Richwood.
• Wed. May 20- Willis Women Meeting at the Drumbo and District Museum at 1:30 p.m. Bring a friend with you.
• Sun. May 31- Please contact Lorraine McLean if you can make sandwiches, and contact Pat Harmer if you can make cookies or squares.
• Sun. June 14 – Oxford Presbytery-In celebration of the 90th Anniversay of the United Church of Cdn. Worship 10:30 a.m. BBQ at Noon- Festival from 1-4 at Venue to be determined may not be at St. Marys High School. Volunteers needed to help with different jobs let Lorraine know. See flyer.
• Coin-a-Meal jars will be collected again in May- please give towards this worthwhile Willis project – if you don’t have a jar – please just give your donation to Ann Hoard.”
• Vacation Bible Camp July 27-July 31, 2015
We need you!!! Would you like you to be involved in the Drumbo area Vacation Bible camp? This summer our churches, (Drumbo Baptist Church and the Drumbo/Richwood United Churches) are partnering with the Child Evangelism Fellowship to host a week long summer outreach (Vacation Bible Camp.) It will be at Drumbo Baptist Church from Monday July 27th – to Friday July 31 from 1:00 pm -4:00pm. The age range of the children will be from 6 years -12 years old. CEF is sending a summer team to teach and lead the program, but we still need some church volunteers to help with registration and snacks. Please prayerfully consider how you might help to reach out to children in our community this summer. Please contact Elaine Campbell at 519-442-5791.
• DONATE NOW for the Earthquake in Nepal
Your donation to Nepal Earthquake Relief will be applied directly to support relief, rehabilitation, and restoration efforts in the country. Here’s how you can donate:
Online via our secure donation page.
Phone 416-231-5931 ext. 3050 or toll-free 1-800-268-3781 ext. 3050 and use your Visa or MasterCard.
Send a cheque, money order, or Visa or MasterCard information with donation amount to:
The United Church of Canada
Philanthropy Unit—Emergency Response
3250 Bloor Street West, Suite 300
Toronto, ON M8X 2Y4
Please be sure to note in the memo space “Emergency Response—Nepal Earthquake Relief” on the face of your cheque.