The United Church of Canada
Drumbo-Richwood Pastoral Charge
P.O. Box 97, Drumbo, N0J 1G0
Sunday May 24, 2015
Lay Preacher : Dave Money
Organist: Joan Shantz - Willis
Betty Ford - Richwood
We Gather to Celebrate God’s Presence
*Start with the Chorus.
WELCOME AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Lighting of the Christ Candle
When we heard his voice,
Our hearts burned within us!
When the Spirit arrived-
It came as bright flame!
Let this light be our Christ light. (Light the Christ Candle)
A moment of Pentecost, carried with our lives! Alleluia!
Call to Worship
We celebrate the birthday of the Christian church; we celebrate Pentecost.
We celebrate with surprise.
We can hardly believe that the Holy Spirit is with us.
We celebrate with enthusiasm.
In son, with shouts of joy, in carefree dance,
We celebrate our thanks to God.
We celebrate as different persons come together in Christ.
Joined in faith community; neither gender nor status, neither wealth nor poverty, neither racial origin nor state of health matters in the least.
We celebrate with the saints of all the ages. Time is swept away!
Those who have gone before us, those who are with us, and those who will come after us join in this celebration of the church’s birthday.
Come, let us celebrate and worship God.
*Hymn VU #375 “Spirit, Spirit of Gentleness”
A repeat after me prayer
With the beat of a wild wing (clap hands together)
With the rush of a mighty wind (rub hand together building friction)
With the Pentecost flame (place hot palm against forehead)
Touch us, Holy Spirit! (Open and cross hands linking thumbs, so hands become a bird)
Love us into being, Spirit! (Bird flies one way)
Love us into wholeness, Spirit of Wisdom! (Birds flies another way)
Love us into newness, Spirit of Christ! (Bird flies straight up and hands undo, arms opening in praise)
Maranatha! Alleluia! May it ever be
Lord’s Prayer VU #959 (sung)
Ministry of Music
*Hymn MV #217 “All Creatures of Our God and King”
Story for All
Scripture Acts 2:1-21
Psalm 104 Part Two VU #827
Romans 8: 22-27
*Presented in Song # 191 (MV) “What Can I Do?” What can I do? What can I bring?
What can I say? What can I sing?
I’ll sing with joy. I’ll say a prayer.
I’ll bring my love. I’ll do my share. (Repeat )
Prayers of the People
*Hymn VU #382 “Breath on me, Breath of God”
• Month of May and June- We will be collecting hygiene product and knapsack for kids for Operation Sharing. See on the back for the information.
Kindergarten- Gr. 3 Grade 4 – Grade 8 Grade 9 – Grade 12
Crayons Pencil Crayons Pencil Crayons
Washable Markers Markers Markers
Pencil Case Pencil Case Pencil Case
Pencils Pencils Pencils
Pink Erasers Erasers Erasers
Ruler Ruler Ruler
Lunch Box Lunch Box Pencil Sharpener
Pencil Sharpener Pencil Sharpener Pens
ZipLock (Large Freezer Bags) Pens Math Set -
Saftey Scissors Math Set Compass Calculator- Scientific
White Glue Calculator Dual Tangs
Exercise Book (Small) Dual Tangs Index Dividers
Glue Sticks 2 Binders
Binders 2 Lined Paper
Exercise Books 2 White Outs
White Out Highlighters
Lined Paper Exercise Books
Announcements/ Upcoming Events
• Coffee Time- Every Monday Morning from 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. @ Willis.
• Choir Practice – 9:20 a.m. at Richwood
- 10:30 a.m. at Willis
• Service Sun. May 24 – Dave Money at both churches.
• Mon. May 25- Willis Open Music Rehearsal 7-8 for Anniversary Singers and Noah Ark Service
• Sun. May 24-Attention Richwood and Willis Choristers: Massed Choir for the We Are One Service, June 14. Still time to join! Location for May 24, May 31 Practice Dundas Ave United Church Woodstock 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesday June 9 at Avondale United Church Tillsonburg service with the Moderator. Fri. Jun 12 at Ecole Ste. Marguerite-Bourgeoys/Notre Dame School Woodstock.
• Thurs. May 28 – Smorgasbord at Bethel Stone United Church Beef, Turkey & Ham Supper Served from 5 p.m. Adults $20.00 Children under 12 $5.00 Tickets at the door Take out available.
• Sat. May 30 – Spring Shopping Spree at St. Paul’s United Church Paris ON from 8 a.m. to noon Bake Sale, Furniture, Collectibles, China, Plants, Books, etc. Hotdogs and Hamburg’s, Coffee and Cold Drinks.
• Service Sun. May 31 – Willis Anniversay at 11 a.m. Everyone welcomed. Please contact Lorraine McLean if you can make sandwiches, and contact Pat Harmer if you can make cookies or squares.
• Willis Anniversary Special Project:
Special envelopes are available for contributions to M&S to help us celebrate our 147th Anniversary Please consider on May 31st.
Available at Willis or from Pat or Michelle.
• Mon. June 1- Willis Pizza Party Music Rehearsal 4-6 p.m. for Noah Ark Service. Everyone Welcome! RSVP to the church office if attending.
• Sun. June 7 – Willis The Story of Noah and the Ark Interactive Service.
• Richwood Congregation-If Richwood members would like to donate towards the new hymn books, please direct funds to Marelene Perry noting that it is for new hymn books. The cost is approximately $20.00 per book.
• Thank you for your most generous gift. Sincerely Jan. The Drumbo-Richwood Pastoral Charge presented Jan with a gift certificate from Meadow Acres Garden Centre on May 17 at her last service. There wasn’t enough time to collect before so if you would like to donate please give donation to Lorraine McLean.
• Coin-a-Meal jars will be collected again in May- please give towards this worthwhile Willis project – if you don’t have a jar – please just give your donation to Ann Hoard.”
• Sun. June 14 – Oxford Presbytery-In celebration of the 90th Anniversay of the United Church of Cdn. Worship 10:30 a.m. BBQ at Noon Festival from 1-4 p.m. at Ecole Ste. Marguerite-Bourgeoys/Notre Dame 700 Bristol St. (East End of Devonshire) Woodstock, ON
Vacation Bible Camp July 27-July 31, 2015
We need you!!! Would you like you to be involved in the Drumbo area Vacation Bible camp? This summer our churches, (Drumbo Baptist Church and the Drumbo/Richwood United Churches) are partnering with the Child Evangelism Fellowship to host a week long summer outreach (Vacation Bible Camp.) It will be at Drumbo Baptist Church from Monday July 27th – to Friday July 31 from 1:00 pm -4:00pm. The age range of the children will be from 6 years -12 years old. CEF is sending a summer team to teach and lead the program, but we still need some church volunteers to help with registration and snacks. Please prayerfully consider how you might help to reach out to children in our community this summer. Please contact Elaine Campbell at 519-442-5791.