The United Church of Canada
Drumbo-Richwood Pastoral Charge
P.O. Box 97, Drumbo, N0J 1G0
Sunday June 7, 2015
Pianist: Carol Cowan- Willis
Betty Ford - Richwood
We Gather to Celebrate God’s Presence
*Start with the Chorus.
WELCOME AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Minute for Mission
Lighting of the Christ Candle
Christ is our Light.
Thanks be to God.
Call to Worship
We gather at the Crossroads.
To give thanks and praise to You.
We lift up our voices in song.
We listen closely to the words of scripture.
We clothe ourselves in Your peace and hope.
As we acknowledge one another’s sorrow and celebration.
We gather at the Crossroads knowing that we are not alone.
We give thanks to You our Creator, Redeemer and Sustainer.
*Hymn VU #642 “Be Thou My Vision”
Come to us Holy God, As we gather before you; Encircle us with you love. Bless us with your sustaining presence; Surround us with your grace. Draw us ‘round your living Word, and bind us to one another as disciples of Christ, Whose Spirit is in our midst. Amen.
Lord’s Prayer VU #959 (sung)
Ministry of Music
*Hymn MV #337 “Blessed Assurance”
Story for All
Scripture Matthew 7:24-29
Psalm 139 VU #861
2 Timothy 1:1-14
*Presented in Song VU# 541“Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow”
Prayers of the People
*Hymn VU #626 “I heard the Voice of Jesus Say”
The Grace of Christ, the love of God and the Communion to the Holy Spirit be with you all. Be strong and of good courage, do not be afraid: for God goes with us into the Crossroads of life. Go in peace, together. Amen.
• Month June- We will be collecting knapsacks for kids for Operation Sharing. See separate sheet for school supplies.
Kindergarten- Gr. 3 Grade 4 – Grade 8 Grade 9 – Grade 12
Crayons Pencil Crayons Pencil Crayons
Washable Markers Markers Markers
Pencil Case Pencil Case Pencil Case
Pencils Pencils Pencils
Pink Erasers Erasers Erasers
Ruler Ruler Ruler
Lunch Box Lunch Box Pencil Sharpener
Pencil Sharpener Pencil Sharpener Pens
ZipLock (Large Freezer Bags) Pens Math Set -
Saftey Scissors Math Set Compass Calculator- Scientific
White Glue Calculator Dual Tangs
Exercise Book (Small) Dual Tangs Index Dividers
Glue Sticks 2 Binders
Binders 2 Lined Paper
Exercise Books 2 White Outs
White Out Highlighters
Lined Paper Exercise Books
Announcements/ Upcoming Events
• Coffee Time- Every Monday Morning from 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. @ Willis.
• Choir Practice – 9:20 a.m. at Richwood
- 10:30 a.m. at Willis
• Tues. June 9 -Attention Richwood and Willis Choristers: Massed Choir for the We Are One Service, June 14. Tuesday June 9 at 7:15 p.m. at Avondale United Church Tillsonburg service with the Moderator. Fri. Jun 12 at Ecole Ste. Marguerite-Bourgeoys/Notre Dame School Woodstock.
• Willis Anniversary Special Project:
If you would still like to donate to the mission and service fund as to celebrate Willis 146th anniversary please give your donation to Pat Harmer.
• Thank you for your most generous gift. Sincerely Jan. The Drumbo-Richwood Pastoral Charge presented Jan with a gift certificate from Meadow Acres Garden Centre on May 17 at her last service. There wasn’t enough time to collect before so if you would like to donate please give donation to Lorraine McLean.
• Sun. June 14 – Oxford Presbytery-In celebration of the 90th Anniversay of the United Church of Cdn. Worship 10:30 a.m. BBQ at Noon Festival from 1-4 p.m. at Ecole Ste. Marguerite-Bourgeoys/Notre Dame 700 Bristol St. (East End of Devonshire) Woodstock, ON
Also, Some people have asked what the dress code might be for such an event - I'd say 'comfortable.' It isn't meant to be a formal, dressy affair so come in shorts for the worship, ready for the BBQ and festival in the afternoon.
Finally, some clarification around donations: Any church envelopes handed in will be returned to the church from which they came. All other donations made in the worship service or at the welcoming table throughout the day will go to the Sand Dams and Pedra Girls projects. The freewill offering made at the BBQ will first pay for the food and beverage expenses and the surplus will also go to the Sand Dams and Pedra Girls projects. Cheques can be made out to Oxford Presbytery. Any donation of $20 and over, with proper identification and full
address, will be receipted by the Presbytery - some envelope will be provided for this.
• Tues. June 16 – Official Board Meeting at Willis at 7:30 p.m.
• Sun. June 28 – Drumbo-Richwood Pastoral Charge Farewell Service & BBQ – at the pavilion 11 a.m. Please bring your lawn chairs.
• Send a Kid to Camp Tanner! –Last summer 42 community kids attended Camp Tanner and were sponsored by Oxford County Churches, community groups and individuals. Please consider helping us create life-long camp memories for kids in need this summer. Make Cheques payable to Children’s Aid Society of Oxford County. Mailing address: Attn: Denise Tew Executive Assistant, Children’s Aid Society of Oxford County, 712 Peel Street, Woodstock. ON N4S 0B4
• Vacation Bible Camp July 27-July 31, 2015
We need you!!! Would you like you to be involved in the Drumbo area Vacation Bible camp? This summer our churches, (Drumbo Baptist Church and the Drumbo/Richwood United Churches) are partnering with the Child Evangelism Fellowship to host a week long summer outreach (Vacation Bible Camp.) It will be at Drumbo Baptist Church from Monday July 27th – to Friday July 31 from 1:00 pm -4:00pm. The age range of the children will be from 6 years -12 years old. CEF is sending a summer team to teach and lead the program, but we still need some church volunteers to help with registration and snacks. Please prayerfully consider how you might help to reach out to children in our community this summer. Please contact Elaine Campbell at 519-442-5791.