The United Church of Canada
Drumbo-Richwood Pastoral Charge
P.O. Box 97, Drumbo, N0J 1G0
Sunday April 5, 2015
Lay Preacher : Fran Bell
Organist: Joan Shantz- Willis
Betty Ford – Richwood
*Indicates a time to stand if you are able.
Please respond with the words printed in bold
WELCOME & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Lighting of the Christ Candle
One: Christ is risen! Alleluia!
All: Christ is risen indeed! Alleluia!
Willis Children’s Choir “We Have a King”
MINUTE FOR MISSION
Call to Worship
The stone is rolled away and the tomb is found empty!
We are called to proclaim the Good News of the Resurrection!
Though doubt and fear may enter, hope and love are triumphant!
Christ is Risen! Our lives are now witnesses to the new life in Christ!
Alleluia! Let us worship Christ, risen from the dead! Alleluia!
Hymn VU #157 “Christ the Lord Is Risen Today”
Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty, heaven and earth are full of Your glory. Heaven and earth are full of Your love and life. Guide us into ways of living more fully into the life You have given us, so that our lives may shine as witnesses of Your love and grace, mercy and forgiveness. Draw us into deeper relationship with each other so that we might be moved to tear down the darkness and open up the light, by bringing Good News to the oppressed, the poor, the downtrodden, and the marginalized. Help us to witness the Resurrection in all we do and say. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.
Lord’s Prayer VU #959 (sung)
Ministry of Music – Willis Choir – “Gone”
Hymn VU #412 “This Is the Day”
Story for All
Willis Children’s Choir – “Christ is Risen from the Dead, Glory, Hallelujah!”
Scripture Acts 10: 34-43
Psalm 118 Vs 1-4, 14-18 VU 837 Parts 1 and 2
Mark 16: 1-8
Reflection Go to Galilee!
Hymn VU #352 “I Danced in the Morning”
Dedication VU #541 “Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow”
Offering Prayer (together)
We come to you blessed with life, blessed with faith, blessed with gifts of the spirit, blessed with gifts of the mind, blessed with talents of the body. We come blessed with homes, blessed with money, blessed with possessions, and blessed with time. All these things come from you and to you they belong. We return all that we are and have back to you, O God. Accept us, use us, and lead us to do your will so that others may be blessed by you through us. Amen.
Prayers of the People
Hymn VU #173a “Thine Is the Glory”
Announcements/ Upcoming Events
• Coffee Time- No Coffee Time on Easter Monday.
• Choir Practice – 9:20 a.m. at Richwood
– 10:30 a.m. at Willis
• Sun. Apr. 12 – Rev. Liz Lemon will do communion.
• Roll-up the Rim- Thank you to everyone who donated "roll-up-the-rims" which have been forwarded to a homeless shelter. Sent out in the mail this week were 33 rims for free donuts, 85 rims for free coffee, 6-free Macdonald coffee cards and 1 donated Tim Hortons gift card. Thanks for making the day for someone in need.
• Willis Congregation would like to thank Judy and Ted Leuszler for supplying the palm branches at Willis on Palm Sunday.
• Park Lane Terrace would like to thank Willis Outreach Team – Jeanie, Dave, Barb, Bradie, Emma, Jamie, Barb, Janet and Carol for all your hard work and effort you brought to the service on March 29, 2015.
• Official Board Meeting- Date to be determined.
• Sun. Apr. 12 – Fellowship Lunch at Willis after church. Please bring Sandwiches and Squares.
• Mon Apr. 13 – Open Music Time for Youth and Adults 7 – 8 p.m.
• Wed. Apr. 15 – Willis Meeting 1:30 p.m. at Maple Grove.
• Fri. Apr. 17 – St. Paul’s Ham Supper – 6 p.m. One Sitting. Tickets $12.00 Call church office Wed, Thurs, Fri – 9-3 p.m. 519-442-4223 or 519-442-3435
• Sun. June 14 – Oxford Presbytery-In celebration of the 90th Anniversay of the United Church of Cdn. Worship 10:30 a.m. BBQ at Noon- Festival from 1-4 at St. Mary’s High School Woodstock. More details to come. See flyer on bulletin boards.